Wednesday, September 23, 2020

It's Raining


 Don't you just love the smell of rain? I live in the suburbs so the smell is mixed with many things. But, oh, it's so wonderful.

We've had to live with smoke so thick I could only see a block from my house. Our air is clear now. I can go back and live in my garden. 

The garden hasn't been great this year as many plants simply didn't produce much or grow to their normal size. We do have pumpkins. My grandchildren are in high school now but are as excited as little ones anticipating some pumpkin carving. Their grandmother, who has equally waited for several years to harvest pumpkins, has evil thoughts of not sharing. All I see are pies, lots of pies, and scones. There are only 3 large pumpkins who have exceeded their normal size. Size was supposed to be 8 pounds max. They're really big!

I did at an earlier date shared why pumpkin growing has been a challenge. My doxie named Turk plucked every green baby pumpkins off the vines. He also enjoyed jalapenos, banana peppers, tomatoes, etc. You get the drift. He has crossed the Rainbow bridge, lived 17 years. We can now grow pumpkins and other vegetables he was fond of. 

We are thankful and so happy to have our garden, its fruits, and a healthy family in this year we'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Last Friday I enjoyed a warm summer day--just right temp in the 70ºs. During that night, the sky opened and it's been raining ever sinc...