Thursday, March 7, 2019

Blame it on Marie




Not a fan of regular television programming, I subscribed to Netflix to increase my chances of finding fun, entertaining, or thoughtful shows. Dang, I decided to check on Marie Kondo's show after I read a headline "Thrift Stores Inundated with Donations." They attributed this phenomena to Marie Kondo. Whew! I was overwhelmed just watching the first show. Decided to do the easy thing for me - clothes. All were put in a pile on my bed. Held each, said "thank you," and whatever the one that didn't "spark joy" fell into the donation pile. I am a denim and flannel wearing gal during the winter. Spring has become so warm here, it is easy to transition to sleeveless before summer starts. I used her method of folding clothes, saw empty spaces in my dresser drawers and needed to know more of this lady's philosophies and techniques. The more episodes I watched, the more techniques I learned.
Now, I'm blazing into territories I normally wouldn't touch. Letting go is a feeling that's so good, overpowering at times. Today I am resting.....I had tackled the office(actually known as the junk room) found way too many missing items, brought in a shelf and am impressed with how it's going. The sewing room and book shelves are next. Kitchen, linen closets, and bathrooms done.
Just to add to my already excitable state, I read in the latest MaryJanes Farm magazine how Ashley organizes her freezer. She makes large quantities of soup and other dinner items, uses a Ziploc holder, fills gallon freezer bags, freezes them flat, then they go into these baskets. Awesome! I make a lot of pots of soup. She needs to meet Marie or vice versa!
I'm on a roll...... Isn't she adorable? brutal but adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Last Friday I enjoyed a warm summer day--just right temp in the 70ºs. During that night, the sky opened and it's been raining ever sinc...